Host Ed Stetzer meets with Lifeway’s Director of Leadership Todd Adkins to explore the relationship between the body of Christ—the church—and its next generation of young leaders. Tune in to discover so much more about the church’s responsibility in leading and serving its Gen Z counterparts.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- The importance of growing young leaders’ competence and confidence
- How to help Gen Z-ers navigate the uncertainties of ministry and leadership
- What the next generation desires from their church leadership
- Why we’re called to pave the way forward for the future church
- What you can learn from the Next Gen members in your congregation!
- Interested in learning more? Check out our Church Planting Primer.
- Are you ready to enroll in our Church Planting Masterclass?
Sharable Quotes (#NewChurches):
Gen Z seems to lack the confidence of older generations. They’re just as competent, smart, and bright, but they need more encouragement. They need to be brought along and encouraged to lead. — Todd Adkins
We are finding that the next generation is slower to commit to a local congregation, and part of that is their negative perception of the scandals and struggles of the church. — Ed Stetzer
Gen Z-ers don’t often see the church as a healthy place to exercise their spiritual growth, nor do they see it as a place to grow and develop as a leader. We have to seize that opportunity relationally, authentically, and in community. — Ed Stetzer
We’re coming from a completely different generation and perspective. We have to understand that they’re not going to take the same path we did and that the expectations they feel are different as well. — Todd Adkins
We need to be personal and patient with the next generation as we bring them along. If we’re not taking them anywhere, they’re not just going to show up anymore. — Todd Adkins
Published August 10, 2023