Hosts Vance Pitman and Noah Oldham spend some time with Strategic Renewal President Daniel Henderson to discuss the role of prayer in the pastor’s life and in the life of the church as a whole. Discover how you can grow your own appetite for prayer and lead your people to do the same.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- The transformational nature of prayer within Scripture
- How the prayer life of the early church was cultivated
- Why corporate prayer is essential to your congregation’s spiritual growth
- Steps for incorporating sustainable prayer rhythms into your Sunday services
- How the culture of the church begins with you as the pastor!
- Strategic Renewal’s Pastoral Network: The 6:4 Fellowship
- Interested in learning more? Start the free Preaching Masterclass
- Check out our Church Planting Primer.
Sharable Quotes (#NewChurches):
It has to be birthed in our own hearts that if we aren’t a praying church, we aren’t going to honor Christ, accomplish supernatural gospel advancement, or experience transformation. — Daniel Henderson
We watch people pray and see the Spirit of God move in power, and we’re like, “Wow! What is this?” But then we read the Bible and realize that’s what New Testament Christianity looks like. — Vance Pitman
There’s a difference between seeking revival from God and seeking God for revival. The only enduring motivation for prayer is that God is worthy to be sought, and that never changes. — Daniel Henderson
There has to be a worship-based motivation in our prayer that keeps us in the fight. — Daniel Henderson
When lost people attend a Christian church service, they actually expect us to talk to God and show them how they can do the same. When we relegate prayer to eloquent professionals on the stage, prayer becomes something unattainable for the average person. — Vance Pitman
Published August 29, 2023