Episode 686: The old maxim is “Church planting and money – it’s hard to get them in the same room.” But host Clint Clifton and experienced planter Peyton Jones discuss why church planting actually is free and they sketch out a pathway for planting without raising and expending large financial resources.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- How much money a Sending Church usually is putting into a plant
- When to start collecting offerings from the church plant
- How a homeless man changed Peyton’s mind about congregational giving
- How Paul laid the groundwork for the greatest kingdom expansion ever, without even preaching
- Two major bottlenecks to multiplication
- Church Plantology: The Art and Science of Planting Churches
- Reaching the Unreached: Becoming Raiders of the Lost Art
- Interested in learning more? Check out our Church Planting Primer
- Are you ready to enroll in our Church Planting Masterclass?
Please subscribe to the podcast and leave a rating and review on iTunes.
Sharable Quotes (#NewChurches):
All the fundamental things needed for church ministry are free, and if you start there you’ll have a lot more positive experience when it comes to resources and and church planting. @ClintJClifton
If you’re spending the majority of your time trying to raise money to throw a church service that people either do or do not come to, imagine getting in a time machine and going back to tell the apostle Paul what you’re doing. Paul’s most likely going to say, “You don’t have to do all that. I didn’t do all that.” — PeytonJones
You should never let the lack of resources be an excuse for not doing what God’s put in your heart to do. @ClintJClifton
We started pretty early on but we never push for tithing. We would just tell people to “give what’s on your heart” and we taught them cheerful giving. We typically found that if we trusted people to give out of worship, it was great. — PeytonJones
Most churches around the world are not led by full-time vocational pastors. And yet the gospel has spread all all over the world – north and south, east and west, across mountains and oceans – and it did not do it on the backs of people who were paid for that work. @ClintJClifton
I’m going to always work another job to not be a burden to the church, so the gospel can spread faster. — PeytonJones
I think Covid was God tipping the hand, like “You can do this. You can get back outside and do stuff for free.” I think we got a taste, but I’m not sure we’ve swallowed the pill yet. — PeytonJones
Published July 26, 2022