Hosts Vance Pitman and Noah Oldham spend some time with pastor, planter, and leadership expert Dr. Crawford Loritts to examine the impact of aligning today’s current events with Scripture’s eternal truth. Here’s how you can honor God from the pulpit as you leverage your platform for the sake of the gospel made known.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- The key difference between reacting harshly and responding effectively to the happenings around you
- The significance of pursuing biblical consistency in a hectic, inconsistent world
- How to walk into an election year well—from the sanctuary pulpit to your social media platform
- What the Bible specifically says about our modern-day preaching context
- Why humility and integrity must mark your every move as a leader in the church
- Are you part of a new church plant? Learn more about our new church offer here.
- Interested in learning more? Check out our Church Planting Primer.
Sharable Quotes (#NewChurches):
Humility is not a lack of courage. We need to denounce sin, but whenever we denounce it, there ought to be a tear in our eyes. – Dr. Crawford Loritts
Let’s not rush to judgment, but at the same time and in the name of Jesus, let’s weep with those who weep and mourn with those who mourn. – Dr. Crawford Loritts
This is not about politics, who has the last say, or who’s getting the most likes, clicks, and followers. It’s about humility, giving an appropriate word, and positioning the gospel. – Dr. Crawford Loritts
You have got to be careful to not define “righteous indignation” as vomiting all the truth you know and beating people up with the Bible. You’ve got to represent the heart of the Savior. – Dr. Crawford Loritts
Your character and godliness have to be greater than the platform you stand on or the issue you’re addressing. – Dr. Crawford Loritts
You’re not trying to be cute or relevant. You’re trying to help your people think distinctively and biblically as kingdom people in light of the issues occurring right now. Preaching is a discipleship deal. – Dr. Crawford Loritts
Published February 6, 2024