Hosts Vance Pitman and Noah Oldham team back up with pastor and planter Ray Ortlund to share the internal and external measures you can take as a church planter to keep your leadership and ministry healthy and guarded from harm. Discover the personal and theological safeguards you can set in place to protect the calling God has placed upon you and your church.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- The significance of personal and relational transparency
- How to combat isolation and pursue Christ’s freedom through fellowship
- Why online precautions are essential in the digital age
- How to establish accountability for the longevity of your ministry
- How to invest in the community God has given you, from the pulpit to the small-group meeting space
- Are you part of a new church plant? Learn more about our new church offer here.
- Interested in learning more? Check out our Church Planting Primer.
Sharable Quotes (#NewChurches):
Walking in the light is not sinless perfection. It’s where we confess sin and experience cleansing. — Ray Ortlund
We come together with an advocacy, a solidarity, a cohesion, and a tenderness that’s unmatched in all this world; that’s real Christianity. — Ray Ortlund
We could wake up one day in a place we never thought we’d be because we lack that level of honest transparency in our lives. — Vance Pitman
We can’t improve on the gospel, and the gospel’s not going to be better than it is right now, five minutes from now. So, let’s just jump into the gospel God gave us and go deep, not only holding onto the gospel but exploring it boldly. — Ray Ortlund
The desire for proper accountability and safeguards is powerful evidence of God’s grace. — Ray Ortlund
Where in the New Testament do we see Jesus or the apostles saying, “Go it alone”? — Ray Ortlund
Published January 30, 2024