In Episode 613 of the NewChurches Q&A Podcast, Daniel and Ed begin a discussion on how pastors can lead.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- How a pastor can lead through preaching
- Where the line is between leadership and manipulation
Shareable Quotes (#NewChurches):
- “Leading through preaching is not the only way that you ought to be leading, but it is one way to lead and a powerful way to lead your congregation toward the vision that God has called you towards.” – @danielsangi
- “If you aren’t careful as a pastor, you could actually create a culture of dependence where your team members, staff, and ministry leaders are fighting to get into their ministry program into your sermon.” – @danielsangi
- “What you don’t want to do is create a culture where the only way to influence is through your preaching.” – @danielsangi
- “You can’t underestimate the power of the main communicator, the main shepherd, leading through culture change.” – @danielsangi
- “Keep in mind that with the influence of the pulpit, comes the danger of preaching in ways that are inappropriate.” – @edstetzer
- “Pastors and bullying don’t need to be together at the pulpit.” – @edstetzer
- “Don’t be afraid to speak from the pulpit things that need to be said about the congregation where it is.” – @edstetzer
Help us Multiply the Mission:
- Please subscribe
- Leave a rating and review on iTunes
- Ask a question by clicking Send Voicemail on the right hand side of NewChurches.com
- If you’re on a phone or a tablet, then go to www.speakpipe.com/newchurches to download the app and record your message
- When you’re recording, introduce yourself and your context in about 15 seconds and then record your question for 30 seconds
This Episode’s Sponsor:
Downline Ministries’ mission is to encourage a restoration of biblical discipleship in and through the local church by equipping men and women to know God’s Word and make disciples.
The primary way we partner with churches is through the Downline Institute, a 9 month biblical discipleship training program that walks students through the Bible (Genesis-Revelation), biblical manhood/womanhood, and key discipleship lessons. Listeners can receive $100 off tuition cost by using the code LIFEWAY when you apply at www.downlineministries.com.
Published July 22, 2021