In Episode 606 of the NewChurches Q&A Podcast, Daniel and Todd discuss what it looks like to build back better in regards to team development.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- Why you need a structure to team development
- How to create an environment that engages feedback
Shareable Quotes (#NewChurches):
- “This is a great opportunity to audit your roles and audit the individuals in those roles.” – @toddadkins
- “In retooling, it is a great time to take a step back and look at everything you do from the actual ministry that you do to the strategies, systems, and structures of it, to the volunteers and people themselves.” – @toddadkins
- “Having a culture of development where people are learning and growing is important.” – @danielsangi
- “The key factor is simple structure and systems that will help distribute the weight.” – @toddadkins
- “Something as simple as a one page job description can really help you on your way to retooling.” – @toddadkins
- “I recommend that all of your volunteer roles are only one year commitments and that way it forces you to do feedback.” – @danielsangi
Help us Multiply the Mission:
- Please subscribe
- Leave a rating and review on iTunes
- Ask a question by clicking Send Voicemail on the right hand side of NewChurches.com
- If you’re on a phone or a tablet, then go to www.speakpipe.com/newchurches to download the app and record your message
- When you’re recording, introduce yourself and your context in about 15 seconds and then record your question for 30 seconds
This Episode’s Sponsor:
Downline Ministries’ mission is to encourage a restoration of biblical discipleship in and through the local church by equipping men and women to know God’s Word and make disciples.
The primary way we partner with churches is through the Downline Institute, a 9 month biblical discipleship training program that walks students through the Bible (Genesis-Revelation), biblical manhood/womanhood, and key discipleship lessons. Listeners can receive $100 off tuition cost by using the code LIFEWAY when you apply at www.downlineministries.com.
Published June 28, 2021