In Episode 604 of the NewChurches Q&A Podcast, Daniel and Todd discuss what it looks like to build back better when it comes to staff.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- How do you lead out when it comes to staff
- Why you need to rethink how to fill staff openings
Shareable Quotes (#NewChurches):
- “The higher you go in leadership, more often than not, the less people want to tell you where you are ugly.” – @toddadkins
- “Have a me-first attitude when it comes to service and living out the vision.” – @toddadkins
- “You can teach whatever you want as a pastor, but you reproduce what you are.” – @toddadkins
- “When you think about the team side of things and the programming side of things, it is so often that we put the programs ahead of the people.” – @danielsangi
- “When you think about your team, do you have the right people on the bus?” – @danielsangi
- “Just because you have a staff opening, doesn’t mean you need to fill it the same way you would pre-COVID.” – @danielsangi
- “What COVID revealed is that it is more important to have the right people over the right positions.” – @toddadkins
- Listen to Episode 602: Remote Work
Help us Multiply the Mission:
- Please subscribe
- Leave a rating and review on iTunes
- Ask a question by clicking Send Voicemail on the right hand side of NewChurches.com
- If you’re on a phone or a tablet, then go to www.speakpipe.com/newchurches to download the app and record your message
- When you’re recording, introduce yourself and your context in about 15 seconds and then record your question for 30 seconds
This Episode’s Sponsor:
Downline Ministries’ mission is to encourage a restoration of biblical discipleship in and through the local church by equipping men and women to know God’s Word and make disciples.
The primary way we partner with churches is through the Downline Institute, a 9 month biblical discipleship training program that walks students through the Bible (Genesis-Revelation), biblical manhood/womanhood, and key discipleship lessons. Listeners can receive $100 off tuition cost by using the code LIFEWAY when you apply at www.downlineministries.com.
Published June 21, 2021