In Episode 603 of the NewChurches Q&A Podcast, Daniel shares a panel from a CPLF gathering on new metrics for church planting during COVID-19.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- How to think about launch day metrics
- If 2020 changed the way we think about discipleship in the church
Shareable Quotes (#NewChurches):
- “COVID-19 has changed the scorecard for churches that are being planted.”
- “We have to be willing to look at unconventional venues, erratic patterns of meeting, and, on a realistic level, launches and launch teams are going to be smaller than what we might have looked at before.”
- “We are in a season right now where we are trying to wrap our heads around what it means to be a church attender.”
- “Giving is still a metric we are keeping a close eye on. Giving patterns speak to their commitment to the church.”
- “We want to create an environment where I can simply disciple our core team and that core team can help disciple the rest of our team.”
- “Engaging your community has become a high priority.”
- “We are encouraging church planters to take some of the pressure off of themselves.”
- Learn more about CPLF
Help us Multiply the Mission:
- Please subscribe
- Leave a rating and review on iTunes
- Ask a question by clicking Send Voicemail on the right hand side of NewChurches.com
- If you’re on a phone or a tablet, then go to www.speakpipe.com/newchurches to download the app and record your message
- When you’re recording, introduce yourself and your context in about 15 seconds and then record your question for 30 seconds
This Episode’s Sponsor:
Downline Ministries’ mission is to encourage a restoration of biblical discipleship in and through the local church by equipping men and women to know God’s Word and make disciples.
The primary way we partner with churches is through the Downline Institute, a 9 month biblical discipleship training program that walks students through the Bible (Genesis-Revelation), biblical manhood/womanhood, and key discipleship lessons. Listeners can receive $100 off tuition cost by using the code LIFEWAY when you apply at www.downlineministries.com.
Published June 17, 2021