In Episode 590 of the NewChurches Q&A Podcast, Daniel and Todd discuss what the relationship looks like between a campus pastor and the director level staff of the central location.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- Different ways campus pastors can interact with ministry director staff at the central location
- Knowing when to push to make a different decision for your context and when not to
Shareable Quotes (#NewChurches):
- “You have to watch when people get innovative when they should be static, and static where they should be innovative.” – @toddadkins
- “There will always be a tendency toward mission drift and vision drift the more campuses that you have and the further they are removed from the central vision.” – @toddadkins
- “Your job as a senior pastor, executive pastor, or campus pastor director is to bring together those two people and help them understand where they are the same and where they need to have a little grace with each other.” – @toddadkins
- “Let’s not deviate just because we want it our way.” – @toddadkins
- “Campus pastors know their context the most and they are responsible for that campus.” – @danielsangi
- “That central pastor is the one who is most researched and experienced in that area and they need to see themselves as coaches and facilitators.” – @danielsangi
- “Pick your battles and leverage the position and relationships you have carefully.” – @toddadkins
Help us Multiply the Mission:
- Please subscribe
- Leave a rating and review on iTunes
- Ask a question by clicking Send Voicemail on the right hand side of NewChurches.com
- If you’re on a phone or a tablet, then go to www.speakpipe.com/newchurches to download the app and record your message
- When you’re recording, introduce yourself and your context in about 15 seconds and then record your question for 30 seconds
This Episode’s Sponsor:
No matter how many people you have on staff at your church, there’s only so much you can accomplish in a day, right? Your church exists to serve your community, so the mission of your church and its staff is to reach as many people as you can.
So BELAY, the innovative staffing solution with over 10 years of experience serving churches with virtual assistants, bookkeepers and social media strategists, is offering a free download of their resource, ‘Church Leaders: Essential Strategies to Unleash Productivity.’
Let BELAY help your church live its mission in your community by helping you juggle less and accomplish more. Visit belaysolutions.com/lifeway for your free download.
Published May 3, 2021