In Episode 588 of the NewChurches Q&A Podcast, Daniel and Todd discuss the nuances, tension, and best practices between a lead pastor and campus pastor.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- What the relationship looks like in an identical twin and sibling multisite model
- Why being on the same page about vision and decision making is important
Shareable Quotes (#NewChurches):
- “In the scenario where it’s a solid line, the lead pastor is either seeing his role as one of development in nature or he has a very hands on approach.” – @toddadkins
- “If you are a campus pastor or senior pastor in the solid line model, your relationship is key.” – @danielsangi
- “As the campus pastor you want to make sure you are aligning with the lead pastor and the elders and the vision of the church so that you are not inadvertently creating a church split down the road.” – @danielsangi
- “One of the most important things to do if you are in this situation is to develop a strong relationship with one another and figure out how to have the same mind in decision making.” – @danielsangi
- “While you may not be preaching, you still need to be a strong pastor and a strong communicator in that pastoral role.” – @toddadkins
- “If you are in a dotted line relationship it is going to take that much more effort to be of the same vision and the be able to lead well.” – @danielsangi
- “You need to shepherd your campus pastors as they shepherd their congregations.” – @danielsangi
- Read The 4 Disciplines of Execution by Chris McChesney, Sean Covey, and Jim Huling
Help us Multiply the Mission:
- Please subscribe
- Leave a rating and review on iTunes
- Ask a question by clicking Send Voicemail on the right hand side of NewChurches.com
- If you’re on a phone or a tablet, then go to www.speakpipe.com/newchurches to download the app and record your message
- When you’re recording, introduce yourself and your context in about 15 seconds and then record your question for 30 seconds
This Episode’s Sponsor:
No matter how many people you have on staff at your church, there’s only so much you can accomplish in a day, right? Your church exists to serve your community, so the mission of your church and its staff is to reach as many people as you can.
So BELAY, the innovative staffing solution with over 10 years of experience serving churches with virtual assistants, bookkeepers and social media strategists, is offering a free download of their resource, ‘Church Leaders: Essential Strategies to Unleash Productivity.’
Let BELAY help your church live its mission in your community by helping you juggle less and accomplish more. Visit belaysolutions.com/lifeway for your free download.
Published April 27, 2021