In Episode 582 of the NewChurches Q&A Podcast, Daniel and Todd discuss creating a rolling budgeting cycle instead of budgeting for an entire year at a time.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- How you can move from a yearly budget to a rolling budget
- What to do when you have a budget surplus
Shareable Quotes (#NewChurches):
- “The majority of our finances that go toward making ministry happen is what we are actually budgeting on a rolling cycle.” – @danielsangi
- “We are planning ministry around an 85% budget, and if we hit 100% we would use that toward ministry initiatives.” – @danielsangi
- “If you don’t end up using the surplus, you put it into reserves.” – @danielsangi
- “There are always going to be ministry needs in the community that you can fulfill with your surplus.” – @toddadkins
- “As a church you are stewarding Gods money for kingdom purposes.” – @danielsangi
- “You don’t want to be in a place where every time something happens you are in crisis mode.” – @danielsangi
Help us Multiply the Mission:
- Please subscribe
- Leave a rating and review on iTunes
- Ask a question by clicking Send Voicemail on the right hand side of NewChurches.com
- If you’re on a phone or a tablet, then go to www.speakpipe.com/newchurches to download the app and record your message
- When you’re recording, introduce yourself and your context in about 15 seconds and then record your question for 30 seconds
This Episode’s Sponsor:
No matter how many people you have on staff at your church, there’s only so much you can accomplish in a day, right? Your church exists to serve your community, so the mission of your church and its staff is to reach as many people as you can.
So BELAY, the innovative staffing solution with over 10 years of experience serving churches with virtual assistants, bookkeepers and social media strategists, is offering a free download of their resource, ‘Church Leaders: Essential Strategies to Unleash Productivity.’
Let BELAY help your church live its mission in your community by helping you juggle less and accomplish more. Visit belaysolutions.com/lifeway for your free download.
Published April 5, 2021