In Episode 614 of the NewChurches Q&A Podcast, Daniel and Todd continue to discuss discerning character, chemistry, and competency when hiring staff and volunteer leaders.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- How you discern for chemistry
- Different ways to get the team together to see chemistry with the potential new hire
Shareable Quotes (#NewChurches):
- “Chemistry is one of the pieces that is often overlooked.” – @danielsangi
- “You have to know yourself, and know your team.” – @toddadkins
- “The team dynamic is how we get stuff done.” – @toddadkins
- “Eating together is one way to discern chemistry.” – @danielsangi
- “One of the ways you can really test this out would be to contract with the person, but treat them like a team member to see how they interact.” – @toddadkins
- “Ask them questions about different teams they’ve served on in the past and what they appreciated and what they didn’t like.” – @toddadkins
- Listen to Episode 612: Hiring Skills, Part 1
Help us Multiply the Mission:
- Please subscribe
- Leave a rating and review on iTunes
- Ask a question by clicking Send Voicemail on the right hand side of NewChurches.com
- If you’re on a phone or a tablet, then go to www.speakpipe.com/newchurches to download the app and record your message
- When you’re recording, introduce yourself and your context in about 15 seconds and then record your question for 30 seconds
This Episode’s Sponsor:
Downline Ministries’ mission is to encourage a restoration of biblical discipleship in and through the local church by equipping men and women to know God’s Word and make disciples.
The primary way we partner with churches is through the Downline Institute, a 9 month biblical discipleship training program that walks students through the Bible (Genesis-Revelation), biblical manhood/womanhood, and key discipleship lessons. Listeners can receive $100 off tuition cost by using the code LIFEWAY when you apply at www.downlineministries.com.
Published July 26, 2021