In Episode 612 of the NewChurches Q&A Podcast, Daniel and Todd discuss discerning character, chemistry, and competency when hiring staff and volunteer leaders.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- How you discern for character
- What interviewing for character means
Shareable Quotes (#NewChurches):
- “When you think about the team you are leading, you want to be able to trust them.” – @danielsangi
- “Immediately I think about Philippians 2, where we are called to adopt the same attitude of Jesus.” – @danielsangi
- “Ultimately, everyone on your team should be living a lifestyle in dependence on God.” – @danielsangi
- “The character piece is tricky when it comes to interviewing because you don’t have the long view.” – @danielsangi
- “Character is one of the key places you can hone in on when calling references.” – @toddadkins
- “Character is one of those things that you can only discover over time.” – @danielsangi
- “Hiring internally is the best way to go when it comes to recruiting volunteers, leaders, and ministry staff.” – @danielsangi
Help us Multiply the Mission:
- Please subscribe
- Leave a rating and review on iTunes
- Ask a question by clicking Send Voicemail on the right hand side of NewChurches.com
- If you’re on a phone or a tablet, then go to www.speakpipe.com/newchurches to download the app and record your message
- When you’re recording, introduce yourself and your context in about 15 seconds and then record your question for 30 seconds
This Episode’s Sponsor:
Downline Ministries’ mission is to encourage a restoration of biblical discipleship in and through the local church by equipping men and women to know God’s Word and make disciples.
The primary way we partner with churches is through the Downline Institute, a 9 month biblical discipleship training program that walks students through the Bible (Genesis-Revelation), biblical manhood/womanhood, and key discipleship lessons. Listeners can receive $100 off tuition cost by using the code LIFEWAY when you apply at www.downlineministries.com.
Published July 19, 2021