In Episode 410 of the NewChurches Q&A Podcast, Daniel and Todd with Dan White Jr. discuss approaching mission in a polarized culture.
“What does it look like to pursue love over fear in a polarized culture?”
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- How to approach mission in a polarized culture
- The importance of being honest about the people that you consider your enemies
Shareable Quotes (#NewChurches):
- “Now that I’m detached, I am afraid they are going to do things I wouldn’t do and they are going to make decisions I wouldn’t make.” – @danwhitejr
- “Fear can cast the presence of God out of our lives and out of our mission.” – @danwhitejr
- “There is an undertow of disgust and hatred that ultimately creates this void between us and the mission field.” – @danwhitejr
- “Jesus modeled that mission primarily happens in interpersonal proximity.” – @danwhitejr
- “How do we start to model love toward enemies? Not in rhetoric, but in our neighborhood communal and missional practices.” – @danwhitejr
- “It’s one thing to say I want to reach the lost, it’s another thing to sit down with them and have a real relationship with them.” – @toddadkins
- Watch the Fear, Polarization, and Leadership With Dan White Jr. [Behind-The-Scenes]
- Read Love Over Fear by Dan White Jr.
- Learn more about New Churches Plus membership
- Listen to the Ask Me Anything Podcast
Help us Multiply the Mission:
- Please subscribe
- Leave a rating and review on iTunes
- Ask a question by clicking Send Voicemail on the right hand side of NewChurches.com
- If you’re on a phone or a tablet, then go to www.speakpipe.com/newchurches to download the app and record your message
- When you’re recording, introduce yourself and your context in about 15 seconds and then record your question for 30 seconds
This Episode’s Sponsor: With Ministry Grid’s library of over 3,500 training videos and 800 courses, it’s now simpler than ever to train every volunteer and leader in your church. For the month of August, you can get unlimited access to Ministry Grid for YOUR ENTIRE CHURCH for just $399 a year. If you want to take advantage of this incredible deal, just go to ministrygrid.com/podcast.
Published August 5, 2019