You may find these resources helpful, but we do not endorse everything contained therein.
The resources listed below are from those who are "doing" house churches. These are meant to familiarize the reader with the terms, ideas, theology, motives, and hopes of those who are involved in the house church movement. While careful consideration has been given to the placement of these links, the listing here is not a blanket endorsement of all beliefs or content on their respective websites.
A growing number of Christians across the country are choosing a do-it-yourself worship experience in what they call a "house church." Although numbers for such an intentionally decentralized religious phenomenon are hard to pin down, as many as 1,600 groups in all 50 states are listed on house church Web sites. - Laurie Goodstein, New York Times
What is a house church? (Pages that define it)
House Church Resources
- Church Planting Movements
- Reaching Internationals
- House Church Central
- Book Recommendations on House Church Central
- House Church DOT org
- New Testament Reformation Foundation
- Sharing the Journey Newsletter
- Accomplishment Christianity vs. Relational Christianity by Glenn Heller
- Can House Churches Impact the World by Rick Carr
- Help! My House Church is Worse Than The Institutionalized Church Ever Was! by Tracey Amino
- Church as Family by Hal Miller
- Automated Directory of House Churches
- A Growing House Church Movement in North America and Around the World
- Home Church Network
- Scriptures in which "House" is mentioned
- House Church Quotes
- House to House: Spiritual Insights for the 21st Century
- Starting House Churches With New Converts by Rick Carr
- Where and How to Meet
- New Covenant Living
- Canadian House Church Resource Network
- Dawn Ministries: A church can start anywhere
- Power of Grace.org
- Walk This Way.com
- The Church Comes Home: Families in Fellowship (article) by Lynn Reddick, Ph.D.
- The Church Comes Home (book) by Robert and Julia Banks
- A Believers' Church Theology by Stanley A. Nelson
- Central Vineyard, Northhampton, UK Bookshop
- The Advantages of the House Church Model
- AGTS resources for house churches
- Fellowship of Church Planters, Rhode Island
North American House Church Examples
- Body Life... Understanding Life in the Church
- Baruch Assembly
- HouseChurch.Ca: The Church Comes Home
- House Church Canada Online Database
International House Church Examples
- Biblical Studies
- Bibliographies and Links
- Church History
- Leadership and Training
- Manuals and Proposals
- Mission and Evangelism
- Spiritual Formation
- Miscellaneous Articles
- Top Articles
- Stories and Examples
- Canberra Home Churches
- Come As You Are
- Going Missional
- Apex Case Study
- John White
- Wolfgang Simson
- Allen, Roland. The Spontaneous Expansion of the Church.
- Banks, Robert. Paul’s Idea of Community.
- Banks, Robert & Julia. The Church Comes Home.
- Bonhoeffer, Dietrich. Life Together.
- Dale, Tony & Felicity. Simply Church
- Edwards, Gene. The Silas Diary.* Other volumes include: The Titus Diary, The Timothy Diary, The Priscilla Diary, and The Gaius Diary
- Garrison, David. Church Planting Movements.
- Guder, Darrell, ed. Missional Church.
- Hunter, George G. III. The Celtic Way of Evangelism. *
- Jacobsen, Wayne. The Naked Church.
- Kreider, Larry. House Church Networks. *
- Kreider, Larry. The Cry for Spiritual Fathers & Mothers.
- McLaren, Brian D. A New Kind of Christian.
- McLaren, Brian D. More Ready Than You Realize.
- Rutz, James. The Open Church.
- Schwarz, Christian A. Natural Church Development.
- Simson, Wolfgang. Houses That Change the World. *
- Snyder, Howard. The Radical Wesley
- Webber, Robert E. The Younger Evangelicals
- www.dawnministries.org - Good description of house church networks in the U.S.; good selection of articles *
- www.vineyardcentral.com - Network of house churches outside of Cincinnati; great online resource, especially the house
church manual. *
- www.house2house.tv - Very practical resource; free magazine *
- www.amoskeagproject.com - Fairly new network in New Hampshire; great website *
- www.apexchurch.org - Network of house churches in Las Vegas; transitioned in the last few years from one large church to a network of many small churches
Updated June, 2003 by Robert Grisham